Kamis, 03 Maret 2011

The only Hawaiian shirt I would wear

Tropical Season Hawaiian Aloha Shirt

Tropical Season Hawaiian Aloha Shirt

Before purchasing, I read a bunch of reviews. Half of the reviews seemed in favor of this item, while the other half were strongly against. I decided to buy one and give it a shot, because I have already tried everything else, and they never worked either. My background...we live in Southern California- Orange County. Our house is at the top of a hill that has natural drainage running along our backyard. Being that we live in Orange County, we try and be outside a lot. Weather is perfect, I love to BBQ and we have an outdoor movie screen. Problem is these damn mosquitos. THEY LOVE ME and I hate them!!! I cant watch a movie with my kids because I am more concerned with killing every mosquito that touches me. I watch my legs and arms more than the movie. I wear jeans and long sleeves when it 80 outside because I dont want to get bit. In the dead of summer, I wrap myself in a sheet, and I swear I still get bit.
Prior to this trap thing, we owned a dozen citronella candles and I used Off. I also own a half dozen of those clip-on things. I never tried one of those propane tank traps.
Last week my wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. For months we planned our party, and unfortunately for me, the party was going to be held in our backyard, in spring time, at night and at the beginning of mosquito season. I was doomed and I knew it. A week before the party I purchased this BiteShield trap. Like I said before, I had nothing to lose, I was going to get bit anyway. I plugged it in one week before our party and the first night caught 4 or 5 mosquitos. I used it in the backyard for the first 3 nights and probably caught close to 20 mosquitos. Every morning I checked this thing and every morning I would yell for wife, "caught another 6!" For me, it was like a opening a pack of baseball cards and finding a Don Mattingly rookie card. I loved it!! On the 4th night I moved the trap to our front yard. Apparently that is where all the action is. On the first night, I swear, that thing trapped a dozen mosquitos. The next night another 10. By party time, I probably discarded 50 mosquitos. The night of the party, for extra caution, I lit 4 Citronella candles and that was it. I had the BiteShield in my front yard and 4 Citronella candles in my backyard. I never used Off or my clips. I just went for it. I PROMISE you, I did not get bit ONCE!!! You have no idea how excited I am to have my backyard back. We watch TV out there, sit in front of the fire pit, watch movies, hang out and talk. For one week now I am bite free. Ok, I did notice one this morning on my ankle area, but I can handle one. One is easy; I used to get 6 in thirty minutes, then I would say "F- this" and go inside for the rest of the night.
Bottom line, for me, it worked. I have only had it for 2 weeks. I never turn it off. I just let it run all day. I know that the motor will die one day soon, but for $120, I will gladly buy another one. I spend that much in all other things that stink and leave me covered in oil. This thing is AWESOME. I just checked it again and saw another dozen or so dead mosquitos. My neighbors are going to buy one also. They hate mosquitos almost more than me.
Give it a shot...I am more than glad that I did.

Get your Tropical Season Hawaiian Aloha Shirt Now!

1 komentar:

  1. We are trying to decided how to spend our time in Hawaii. We are not sure how many islands to try to visit (either two or three). We are thinking that we probably will never get back to Hawaii again...so it's a one shot deal. We were thinking of visiting The Big Island and Maui as definites...with a possibility of visiting Oahu. We are country people who are not huge fans of crowds (thus the conflict with Oahu). Looking for a relaxing get-a-way...but we are not laying on the beach kind of people. Any advice would be helpful :) Thanks!

    BalasHapus